Well, for this Sunday which is the 4th Sunday, we are sadly skipping over the great St. John of the Ladder which could be a fun lesson, but we get to teach the Annunciation. This feast is always on March 25th, perfectly 9 months before our celebration of the nativity of Christ.
This is a coloring craft to cut out and set up as puppets using a glue stick and a couple of brads.
- Cut out the images on the thick outline.
- Place a bit of glue on the far edge of the tab on Mary, and wrap it around to make it a stand.
- Fold her feet up and let her stand.
- Connect the wings to Archangel Gabriel and glue him onto a wooden craft stick.
- Have the kids tell the story of the Annunciation using the puppets.
- Check here for more info on the story.
Revealing to you the pre-eternal counsel, Gabriel came and stood before you, O Maiden, and in greeting said: “Rejoice, earth that has not been sown! Rejoice, burning bush that remains unconsumed! Rejoice, unsearchable depth! Rejoice, bridge that leads to Heaven! Rejoice, ladder raised on high that Jacob saw! Rejoice, divine jar of manna! Rejoice, deliverance from the curse! Rejoice, restoration of Adam; the Lord is with you!”
From the Vesperal Stichera of the Vigil of the Annunciation